Skip to main content

Kevin

WHEN DID YOU START?
I started riding in 1978. I had a motorcycle license before a car license.

WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST BIKE?
1978 Yamaha GT-80

WHAT BIKE DO YOU HAVE NOW?
2016 Yamaha Super Tenere, 2015 Yamaha FZ-07


WHAT BIKE WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE?
I am happy with my current bikes but will probably own a Goldwing one day.

WHY IS RIDING IMPORTANT TO YOU?
Riding a motorcycle is a challenge. It gives me a challenge everyday to get better and improve my skills. I love the biker community and how you never meet a stranger on the road if you are both riding motorcycles. I love to teach others to ride better and improve their road strategy, never stop learning. :)

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ILL-HEALTH PREVENTED YOU FROM RIDING?
I'm not sure but I do know it would make me grumpy.

Editor's note: Kevin is a motorcycle instructor in Texas, USA. His website has some excellent training videos. Check 'em out here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grayden

WHEN DID YOU START?
I was a late bloomer. Didn't get my licence until very recently at age 57. It was something I always wanted to do but believed all the "it's too dangerous" advice and never pursued it.

WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST BIKE?
It's the one I'm riding now as I'm still on my RE licence. It's a 2010 250cc Suzuki Intruder. I feel a bit like a grasshopper on it as it's really a bit small for my frame but hey, I'm just enjoying being out there!

WHAT BIKE HAVE YOU GOT NOW?
See above.

WHAT BIKE WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE?
I already have it! It's the white Suzuki Boulevard C50T below. It was love at first sight when I saw it at Rick Gill Motorcycles and I knew I had to have it. It's basically a clone of a Harley Softail Deluxe and is what I've long had in my mind as a "real" motorbike if ever I should get one. Only problem is I can only ride it on L's for now so it sits in the garage a lot of the time. Doesn't mean I can'…

Roy

I started riding at sixteen in 1959 in London, England. In those days you passed your test and immediately had a full licence allowing you to ride anything.

The first bike I owned was a BSA Bantam 125cc:

1958 BSA Bantam 125cc

I then had an accident on a mate's 250 Norton. Crash helmets were not compulsory in those days but speeds were also a lot slower so I was a lucky boy - no serious damage just general soreness and six stitches in my head. However Dad and Mum then banned me from riding bikes. They were crafty in that they encouraged me to buy a Morris 1000 convertible!

I then joined the Metropolitan Police Transport Department. In my climb up the ladder I became a vehicle tester at the age of 24. Part of the promotion was to attend a two week driving course at the Metropolitan Police Hendon Driving Training College which included class room training, skid pan driving, on road training then finally a full written and on-road test for cars.

Six months later I returned for the two week…